4.3.10

寿記 28.02.10 That smooth, close-cut feeling

I got a great present from a fan.

The case was cool looking.

This is what you call a "manly case."

And this is what was inside...

.

Nail clippers

.

Nail scissors

.

Nail nippers

.

Yes, you use them to cut your fingernails.

.

They're "manly nail clippers."

.

So cool~~!

.

And then I took a photo of them, and I noticed...

.

huh?

.

...wait...?

.

...whoaaaa...!!

.

That's amazing~!!

.

On the inside of the handle, they say "Remember to Die."

Such a cool engraving, thank you very much.

(There was nothing about this in the letter I got with the gift, so when I noticed it, I grinned in spite of myself.)

The guy who sent me these clippers says that he works for Suwada Blacksmith Works, Inc., the company that made them.

.

Industry, skill, and beauty.

.

He says there are lots of other kinds besides the ones he sent me.

.

This is the first time I've tried this style of nail clippers, but they work really well.

.

Of course, they're very easy to use.

The feeling when I've just cut my nails with them (that smooth, close-cut feeling)...

It's too great, I can't take it~~~

.

Now I'm prepared to cut my fingernails as short as possible!

Now I've got one more must-have item for my basement studio.

.

Thank you.

I'll use them forever!

.

Also, this photo of me holding the nail clippers makes me think of Russian Constructivist art for some reason.

Russian avante-garde...that's awesome too~

IMAI 7:00

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for translating this! I check Imai's blog everyday, and when I saw this post I was like 'WTF? o_O' So I just couldn't wait for a translation and used google translator.. OMG!! An entire post dedicated to nailclippers! How cool is that??! I love Imai! ♥

    ReplyDelete

How have you been heart feeling?