20.11.12

Parade Day 2

For those of you who hadn't noticed yet: the second installment of my report on Buck-Tick's 2012 On Parade Festival is now up over at Not Greatest Site.

And not only that, you can even watch a video from Day 2!  Until the YouTube police take it down, I give you the enhanced six-member D'Erlanger performing their wild and crazy cover of "Iconoclasm."  You can't hear Die's guitar very well here but you can hear Miyako's retro organ much better than it could be heard live through all that rain.  Listen for the nod to "Kiss Me Good-Bye" at the end...that was another thing the rain just about rained out.  At the Night Side is for wimps.  THIS was what I call RAIN.





.

.

.

5 comments:

  1. The "Kiss Me Goodbye" nod was good as was the "Heroin" in the beginning. I liked it, but noting compares to BT!! I think for that reason I haven't been too interested to hear the covers. But one day I'll get to them and probably be pleasantly surprised by some. As a cover-er myself, I am only interested when someone does something drastically different. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am particular when it comes to covers, especially of my favorite musical artists. I would recommend checking out Acid Black Cherry's version of "Romanesque". I don't normally like Yasu's voice but this cover is on my computer.

      Have you heard Abingdon Boys School's cover of "Dress." This cover is very different from the original, albeit it keeps the same rhythm.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, I love the ABS cover but, again, nothing compares to BT. Thanks I will check out Acid Black Cherry's "Romanesque." I don't even know the original, so I will check both. Still discovering BT five years in :)

      Delete
  2. They should have given the Hammond-guy a solo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the live report. It's definitely a good read :]

    ReplyDelete

How have you been heart feeling?