17.2.16

Covers are Immortal

.

For the first time ever, Mr. Imai Hisashi will grace the cover of Rock & Read, Japan's number one magazine dedicated entirely to In-Depth Interviews with Hot Rock Dudes (tm). As Mr. Sakurai has been on the cover of Rock & Read not once, not twice, but THREE whole times already (possibly more than any other rock star out there, but I'd have to check on that), this is a momentous event in Buck-Tickistan - could Imai be aiming to usurp the dynasty? Those of you who became Buck-Tick fangirls after looking at pictures of Acchan-chan's face on the internet: Rock & Read says, it's time to look at Imai's face now!

Fuck yeah, look at that face! That is the face of a hero! (He's a hero inside...get it? I suppose you don't get it because you probably never bothered to listen to Schaft because it didn't involve Acchan, but if that's true of you, shame on you.)


Also, just to please us, Imai has brought back our favorite hairdo of his ever - the Memento Mori luscious long locks of love, complete with beauty braids! As Imai's baby grows up it will take more and more of his time and attention, which means more wear and tear, even with proper skin care, folks. Ergo, we may never see Imai looking quite this cool again. And by that I mean, you should buy this magazine! We'll be making a trip to Tower Records to pick up our copies of The Mortal's Immortal DVD, so if you'd like us to get you a copy of this historic issue of Rock & Read while we're at it, let us know.

Oh yeah, and about Immortal...the trailer has been released! You can watch it here:


If you'd like our help with buying the DVD, just drop us a line. As always, we'll be buying all copies at Tower Records, and if you get the DVD at Tower Records it comes with this amazing A5-sized memo pad which is really the perfect thing upon which to write love notes to your dead cat. So if you want it, order the DVD through us! We will also enter you into the extra lottery for more free stuff. Of course there's no guarantee of winning anything but you'll never find out if you don't try.



.

We promise our live report of The Mortal's tour will be up before the DVD is released. We're extremely sorry it took this long but we've been dealing with some personal problems and they've been taking a bit of a toll on us (though as for Toll, we went for tea and crumpets with him three Sundays ago and he's doing just dandy.)

.

16 comments:

  1. I admit I'm an Acchan-chan fan but Imai-san with long braided hair is dangling the carrot. Plus Fujii Maki iz cool too. My wallet is definitely being usurped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I acctually prefer Schaft over The Mortal :P Schaft's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're back! I was actually going to ask you if everything was ok in Bucktickistan, then I thought you were all still partying on parade-style. I wonder what your opinion on Ultra is, though needless to say Imai looks cool as usual. And I squeed when I saw the cover since that hairstyle has been one of my most favorites (the other one being the DTD era). Waiting impatiently for your report.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I am an Acchan fan girl through and through but gotta say that is a pretty cool looking Imai on the Rock & Read Cover :-) Only problem is my shrinking wallet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to hate rich fangirls and fanboys.:( How can one feel like a fan if one can't afford to buy band stuff? And not to mention the suffering that you will probably never see them live.

      Delete
    2. Being rich enough to buy stuff doesn't make you a better fan, only a better capitalist. Better to save your money and try to make it to a show, because that experience cannot be replaced!

      Delete
    3. True and I'm saving for that. It's just that it's hard to feel like a good fan when you can't buy much.

      Delete
    4. Outside of the actual CDs, I buy very little (unless I can pick odd items up super cheap and second hand). But as a result I have saved to see them live a few times. I have no regrets. The band don't make any money from fans buying random magazines they're in. They do make money from concert tickets.

      Merch is a handy way for a band to make a bit extra, magazines are good PR, but at the end of the day the music is their job and their art rolled into one. Pretty sure that simply buying and enjoying the music in one form or another (CD, live ticket) is what any band would consider "good fan" level, especially in the case of bands like B-T who retain a degree of financial and artistic independence. Anything above and beyond that is just a bonus.

      Delete
    5. Very true, Mawb. Also, I personally don´t see the point in buying merch if it doesn´t match your style or if you don´t actually think it´s something worth being bought if it weren´t merch stuff by your favorite band.

      Delete
    6. I buy the blu-rays, albums and singles, I've never bought any merch yet (there is some really cool stuff that I would like to buy but I'm short on money right now). Going to a concert is just a dream to me now, but I will start to save money...

      Delete
  5. I wonder how long it took the RR guys to photoshop his potato face into a face that actually looks really cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potatoes have always been the height of cool, but also, last time I saw him, that was what his face actually looked like. He's less photoshopped on here than Mr. Sakurai usually is, because Imai's fangirls are mature enough to accept that their man has wrinkles.

      Delete
    2. Tbh they are both less photoshopped than some others. I still have nightmares aboit how they photoshopped Shinya (DeG). What the heck was that?

      Delete
    3. Good gods, you're right about Shinya. He's pretty like a movie star in real life but R&R made him look like a Final Fantasy character.

      Delete
  6. Hell, I thought the same exact thing! And like you said, he's pretty by himself in real life so what's the obsession with all that photoshop? As for Sakurai and Imai, I prefer them as they are, wrinkles and all. Also Sakurai looks waaaaay better in candid shots and those selfies ppl post with him, than in those mags. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Imai and Sakurai have looked fantastic in magazine/PR shoots from time to time... but it seems that not all photographers understand how to shoot them well. Hide, Yutaka and Toll seem to fare better across the board, perhaps because they are naturally more photogenic.

      But I agree with you - I'd always rather see a candid shot of anyone, where that person is relaxed and their personality is on show.

      Delete

How have you been heart feeling?